Odile Jacobs has her own character and this is reflected in her eclectic and colourful clothes. Her clothes are clearly recognisable by the unusual prints and striking colours that remind us of the African roots of this Bruges designer. Odile dares to mix European and African fashion and is unique in this. Her individuality and unique concept makes her score so well. She distributes her ready-to-wear from Bruges at various locations, including Knokke. She mixes African wax prints with a traditional European silhouette. Her clothes are dynamic and have a strong look. Odile and her brother were born in Uccle with Congolese roots. For Odile, strength and female empowerment were important. The idea for her own collection was born in March 2016 from a passion for individuality in fashion. Odile clearly puts her own stamp on fashion in Knokke where one can spot her collection easily.
In July and August Pop up store Elements will open up in Knokke
The initiative came from the brand N-UE (which makes lab grown diamonds) to launch a one stop destination shop for lasting, sustainable and vegan products from different sectors. The shop will feature 7 brands, all with their own expertise. Ophelia lingerie is one of them. During the pop-up Elements Ophelia will present both a lingerie and a swimwear collection. The brand stands for fine, feminine designs that feel like a second skin. Each piece is designed to compliment the female body. In the context of sustainability, each piece is made in Belgium (lingerie) or Portugal (swimwear) and all fabrics come from Europe.
These are the brands that participate:
- HNST - the most circular jeans
- N-ue- recycled gold jewelry
- I was - upcycled products
- Ophelia - sustainable lingerie
Carousel in Newport is the place to discover Belgian design talent. 4 different sustaianble designers present their collection in Carousel.
Pop-up of sustainable brands:
- Mieke Dierckx is the founder of her equally named handbag brand. Mieke had a real feeling for design through her studies in interior design and jewellery. She sees herself as a mother and modern lady boss. Her handbags are sophisticated and timeless. The nice thing about the bags is that they are not conventional, but original.
- Anna Rosa Moschouti is a designer of jewels that are created in a sustainable and fair way. The Greek Anna Rosa Moschouti creates earrings according to the rules of symmetry, multifunctional necklaces and statement bracelets. Really worth a look and can also be shopped in Antwerp on COSH!
- TOOS FRANKEN started her career at the Antwerp Royal Academy of Fine Arts. She kept searching for a more transparent and inclusive fashion industry. Her conscious attitude towards a better industry made her look for production in Belgium. She also creates all of her collections herself. Masterful works!
- Recto Verso is a sportswear brand. Recto Verso's sportswear can be worn on all occasions. Still looking for the perfect outfit with the right sports look. You can also find this sportswear brand in other locations.
Looking for these Belgian design talents, visit Carousel in the Franslaan 95, Nieuwpoort
Clean&Unique POP-UP Store
Ok not really the sea, but near the shore... in Amsterdam! Partner platform Clean & Unique by Roosmarie Ruigrok is planning a nice pop-up for the last weekend of June. Roosmarie is a sustainability expert in the Netherlands and guides brands towards fair production with the smallest possible ecological footprint. The brands she guides now join forces for a fun pop-up!
You'll be able to shop the brand new sustainable fashion magazine by Clean & Unique. But you will also find colourful dresses in Tencel by Marble Berriez. Teenager Aaliyah of Divapower presents her sustainable teenage collection! Yes sustainable crop tops for teens included. T-shirts and sweatshirts for men and women in chakra colours and with the most powerful mantras from Daily Mantra. But also upcycled fashion for all sizes of logo como.
Clean & Unique POP-UP 26-27 juni