1134 people died at the factory collapse
Unfortunately, the fashion industry is one of the most polluting sectors in the world. And one of the most inhumane.
What does it say about us when we wear clothes that were made in appalling conditions, killing protected forests or animals? Indeed.
A lot of good brands are transparently communicating their fairer production methods, others make efforts behind the scenes.
Some larger retailers have planet-friendly product lines, others are greenwashing their overall business by juggling with terms as recycling, conscious and organic.
So how, as a customer, do you find your way and differentiate between all the information?
How do you know which brands are sustainable? And how do you find the stores where you can buy those ethical and ecological clothes?
COSH! is conscious shopping made easy
When you as a shopper read something about the unethical working conditions, or water scarcity, poisoned rivers and soil erosion due to the fashion industry in your favourite magazine or on tv. You become aware of the pollution and inhumane working conditions.
You want to contribute to a more beautiful world and you want to change your behaviour but don't know where to start. COSH! helps you in your search and guides you to a more sustainable choice within your style and budget.
Select your personal preferences
1. COSH! collects information about sustainable clothing brands.
2. You select what you are looking for, within what budget and your sustainability preferenances. Vegan? Fair Trade? Local? Socks or jeans? You can find it all!
3. Tadaaa: COSH! gives you a handy overview of the brands and their stores that sell the clothes you are looking for. And if you click on a brand, you can read all about the ethical and ecological efforts of that brand on that page. It's great, isn't it?
4. As on the overview as per brand, you can display a map, where these nice sustainable brands can be found in your style and budget.
5. On the map you can add a retailer to your shopping trip. Or you can first click through to read all about the boutique and then add it to your shopping route.
6. Finished with your pre-selection (on your body / budget / size / style), you can click on the button at the top right (still off) to see your personalized shopping route. Easy to print at home or view on your smartphone.
Oh, there's more: If you pass by a sustainable retailer by chance, you will recognize them by the COSH! window sticker. You scan a QR code and at a glance you can see the sustainability factors of the brands present in that store!